Message from our Director
Thai International School endeavors to develop students to become global citizens with ethical values, understanding and the agency to improve local and global communities.
Thai International School provides a high quality international education for students from nursery school to grade 5. TIS believes a quality education is an ongoing experience that develops each individual student academically, emotionally, socially, and physically. Education is more than simply a series of tasks that lead to the mastery of skills and knowledge. TIS takes a more holistic approach to learning. The school’s teaching and learning philosophy is inspired by Finland’s education system: Phenomenon-Based Learning. Phenomenon-Based Learning is an inquiry based learning approach that utilizes multidisciplinary projects to provide an active, hands-on learning experience for students. TIS focuses on implementing a student centered, individualized learning approach through a variety of learning strategies, including multidisciplinary project-based learning tasks. This approach allows students to apply critical academic skills and content in real-world situations while producing a product which demonstrates and showcases their learning. Students learn how to effectively collaborate and communicate with their peers to complete complex tasks. They learn when and how to apply critical academic skills and content in appropriate situations. Additionally, they develop critical thinking skills as they make decisions and take ownership in their learning. The school helps students foster self-discipline, self-directedness, and self-motivation while promoting kindness, compassion, and responsibility. Ultimately, TIS is developing well-rounded global citizens who will make the world a better place.
We will inspire our students to be self-confident, ethical, global citizens with the skills and passion to think creatively, communicate effectively and learn continuously while being respectful of cultural differences. We will accomplish this through a dual process of using modern, holistic teaching practices and technological approaches in the classroom. This will be achieved by our superior staff, parents, and school community.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SWLO)
At Thai International School, we endeavour that our students become:
- Moral and Ethical Citizens who act with integrity, honesty, kindness, empathy and fairness.
- Critical Thinkers who apply conceptual understanding and rationale in problem solving and decision making.
- Knowledgeable, Academic Inquirers who demonstrate mastery of a wide range of 21st century skills and knowledge relating to current global issues.
- Confident Communicators who demonstrate fluency in a variety of languages as well as technological competencies.
- Open-minded, Global Citizens who understand patriotic values within their own culture and have respect for those of others.
- Balanced and Reflective People who are physically, mentally, emotionally and socially healthy, and can function effectively in an interdependent world.
- Lifelong Learners who have developed a love for education.