Message from our Director
Thai International School endeavors to develop students to become global citizens with ethical values, understanding and the agency to improve local and global communities.
Thai International School provides education for students from Nursery to Grade 12. We believe that in this way we can nurture our students fully and continuously without interruption. We know that there are critical periods for each stage of children’s development. Out curriculum, instructions, all social and cultural activities, school facilities, and staff are carefully and specifically selected and planned to foster students’ intellectual, social, emotional, moral, and physical development. This will ensure a smooth transition from one developmental period to the next.
We provide experiential and hands-on learning in a safe and secure environment that allows students to learn, grow, explore, and develop their unique potential. This will allow our students to be capable of making responsible decisions and to be able to solve problems strategically.
We emphasize ethical values including: Honesty, Kindness, Trustworthiness, Empathy and Sympathy, Tolerance, Courage, and Perseverance both through direct teaching and in the participation of various kinds of school activities. Besides those ethical values, we believe that students will develop: Self-Confidence, Self-Control, and Collaboration. We believe that with these ethical values students will be ready to be good citizens and good members of society. Students learn that every society has rules and laws that members have to conform to. Good democratic citizens have their functions and responsibilities toward their community. Our school stresses on building good relationships with parents and the community so as to benefit our students’ education.
We will inspire our students to be self-confident, ethical, global citizens with the skills and passion to think creatively, communicate effectively and learn continuously while being respectful of cultural differences. We will accomplish this through a dual process of using modern, holistic teaching practices and technological approaches in the classroom. This will be achieved by our superior staff, parents, and school community.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SWLO)
At Thai International School, we endeavour that our students become:
- Moral and Ethical Citizens who act with integrity, honesty, kindness, empathy and fairness.
- Critical Thinkers who apply conceptual understanding and rationale in problem solving and decision making.
- Knowledgeable, Academic Inquirers who demonstrate mastery of a wide range of 21st century skills and knowledge relating to current global issues.
- Confident Communicators who demonstrate fluency in a variety of languages as well as technological competencies.
- Open-minded, Global Citizens who understand patriotic values within their own culture and have respect for those of others.
- Balanced and Reflective People who are physically, mentally, emotionally and socially healthy, and can function effectively in an interdependent world.
- Lifelong Learners who have developed a love for education.